Copy feeling a bit meh but not sure how to fix it?
We’ll show you how
You’ve got a piece of copy or content that’s not quite
hitting the spot.
You can’t quite put your finger on it.
But the messaging feels a bit ‘meh’ and muddled.
And you can tell it’s not doing enough to talk to the students, researchers or business partners you want to reach, or nudge them towards action.
If only someone who knew about these things could (quickly) point you in the right direction.
Sounds like you’d benefit from one of our Copy Audits…
Send your copy our way, and one of our expert writers will give it a thorough going-over and critique. And simple, step-by-step advice on how to put it right.
A Copy Audit is ideal if:
- You’ve got people writing inhouse (or are happy doing bits of copy yourself), and want some quick, actionable tips you can put into practice straight away.
- You don’t want to invest in a full copywriting project, but would value some input from an experienced higher education copywriter on how to solve any issues in your copy.
Jo consistently provides excellent promotional copy which is always just right in tone and style for the target audience. Even more importantly, Jo is a joy to deal with – I have left her to liaise with, and interview, some of our key alumni volunteers and supporters safe in the knowledge that she will be as helpful and charming with them as she is with me!Emma McFadyen, University of Exeter Business School
Here’s how it works
Step 1. Getting started
You email us a link or attachment to the web pages or document you want us to look at. And we’ll send over a quick questionnaire for you to fill in about your audience, key messages, challenges and objectives.
Step 2. Assessment
We’ll review your text in detail, looking at everything from clarity of language and message, to readability and tone. We’ll also be checking for useability. Does it encourage readers to take the action you want them to take? If not, what needs to change?
Step 3. Review
You’ll receive a personalised review with clear copy recommendations you can implement straight away. We’ll be sharing expert copywriting tools and techniques you can use to quickly improve your copy – and share with your teams.
Step 4. Walk through
We’ll send a recorded Zoom or arrange a live one, to talk through our recommendations and, most importantly, check you’re clear on what to do next.
With a Copy Audit, you’ll receive:
- A detailed list of any issues to do with your copy – and clear suggestions on what to do about them
- A review of up to three pages of web copy or equivalent
- A recorded or live Zoom walk-through, where we’ll talk through our changes and advice, and make sure you’re clear on next steps
- An easy-to-read report, with annotated suggestions on what needs to change in your copy and why
- Recorded Zoom walk-through
Copy Audit Plus
- An easy-to-read report, with annotated suggestions on what needs to change and why
- Examples of rewritten copy you can slot straight into your comms
- Recorded Zoom walk-through
- Zoom 1-1 to discuss the copy and answer any questions